The floors of a public or school gym offer a wide range of solutions today for all areas and every sport. Major emphasis is placed on the durability of the floor – it must be able to withstand the dribbling of balls, rebounds, running and jumping, and heavy sports equipment. Major emphasis is also placed on cleaning and maintenance, because sweat and any spilt liquids could eventually reduce the useful features of the floor. Frequent slipping is a danger. The solution is to choose the right floor with anti-slip protection.
Sometimes public and school gyms have dimensions that are not completely standard. This makes it impossible to locate a playing area of standard dimensions here. In these cases, it is necessary to use alternative floor coverings that easily fit your space and do not stretch your budget.
Tip for you
Fortelock Light and Fortelock Industry PVC interlocking floor tiles contribute positively to reducing the risk of injury and to protecting your joints from excessive stress and your muscles from fatigue while exercising.
Advantages of PVC interlocking floor tiles
- Absorbing impacts from sports gear
- Nice appearance
- Easy cleaning and maintenance with no special products
- Spectrum of combinable colors
- Reduces noise
- Good for high volume traffic
- Pleasant surface for bare feet
- Resistance to water, sweat and moisture
- Protecting joints and backbones while doing sports
- Minimizing the preparation of the substrate = time savings: 55% faster than gluing the product
- No glue is needed in most cases = lower costs and time savings