Fortelock Industry PVC floor tiles are also used in stables. The elaborated material of the tile is designed to make your horse comfortable on a leak proof floor. The floor tile is considerably softer and warmer than concrete or asphalt and lasts longer. It is even nonslip, which makes it better and safer for your horse to move around on the floor.
Another advantage is it is easy to maintain. The floor can be swept, cleaned and disinfected. The Fortelock Industry tile is not made of porous material, so it does not retain urine or start to reek and smell bad over time. A clear advantage is the possibility of disassembling individual parts, thoroughly cleaning them, or rearranging them otherwise.
Tip for you
Bedding is often put down on Fortelock Industry PVC floor tiles, but doesn’t require as big a layer as on concrete floors.
Advantages of PVC interlocking floor tiles
- Relatively flexible/soft so the horse’s tendons and hooves are not so much strained and it can easily relax here
- Resistance to water and moisture
- Minimizes the formation of mold under the floor -liquids go into the lower layers, or drain away from them
- Harmless material – no smell, because horses like to sniff the ground
- Reduces noise
- Dampens impacts, third – resistant to hooves, not damaged by shuffling around
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Minimizing the preparation of the substrate = time savings: 55% faster than gluing the product
- No glue is needed in most cases = lower cost and time savings on installation
- Renovation with minimal disruption of operations – only a few hours are required, not days, for isolating the stall
- Very resilient interlocking system